On April 16 and 17, at 2 p.m. Eastern time, the Emergency Response Specialists of Church World Service will present Long Term Recovery Basics, a broad overview of important steps to take while recovering from a disaster. This presentation will discuss: necessary contacts to make; organizing meetings; collecting information; managing donations, volunteers and money for the long term, among many other topics.
Each webinar session will be approximately 75 minutes long, with a 15-minute break.
To register for the series click here: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/570058194
The sessions are:
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
2:00-3:45 pm Part 1
4:00-5:30 pm Part 2
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
2:00-3:45 pm Part 3
4:00-5:30 pm Part 4
Among those who will find this series of interest are:
– Clergy and lay leaders from houses of worship in disaster affected communities.
– Persons serving on local Long Term Recovery Groups.
– Disaster Case Managers and the staff of organizations who may provide disaster case management.
– Local, state, and federal Voluntary Agency Liaisons.
– Emergency Managers.
– Anyone concerned for those affected by recent disasters.
– Anyone planning to mitigate the hazards in their community before a disaster strikes.